Smile Dental Care - Implant Treatment
A dental implant is a revolutionary way of restoring your smile by replacing the roots of the teeth. This procedure involves surgically placing a titanium screw into the gum and bone, to which an artificial tooth is attached. Implants can replace a single missing tooth or multiple implants can help fix bridgework or stabilise removable dentures. Dental implants do not require any special cleaning or extra attention like bridges and dentures. They require regular cleaning and flossing, just like your natural teeth.
Dental implants are suited to anyone with good oral health and adequate bone in the jaw. Your dentist will carry out x-rays or dental CT scans (if required) to check the bone and gum levels.
Habits such as smoking or heavy drinking can compromise the treatment so we will take this into consideration when recommending this course of treatment for you.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth
- Improved speech and self-esteem. Dental implants allow you to speak clearly, smile
and laugh with complete confidence
- Improved comfort and eating. Dental implants function like your natural teeth,
allowing you to eat and enjoy the textures and flavours of your favourite foods
- Convenience. Dental implants are permanently fixed unlike removable dentures that
have to be taken out of the mouth for cleaning and maintenance
Why choose us?
At Smile Dental Care we provide a personalised and tailored service to all individuals with the use of latest equipment. During your initial consultation our friendly team will:
- Assess your general health and well-being
- Assess your symptoms and current state
- Complete a full clinical examination including facial charting
- Take necessary radiographs
- Fully discuss your treatment options
- Answer any queries you may have
- Continue to provide you care and support after your treatment